Origin of Scholas Occurrentes
Scholas Occurrentes is an initiative aimed at young people in the world that has its origin in the City of Buenos Aires in 2001 when Jorge Bergoglio was Archbishop under the name of “Escuela de Vecinos” and “Sister Schools” integrating public school students and private, of all religions in order to educate young people in the commitment for the common good.
Scholas is an international organization of public good profit driven by Pope Francisco that works with schools and educational communities both public and private, of all religious and secular confessions to restore the educational pact. As an organization of civil society seeks the commitment of all stakeholders to implement the culture of the meeting for peace through education.
Pontifical Decree – Chirograph
- HMaking the culture of encounter reality.
- Achieve unity through diversity.
- Reset the educational pact from a paradigm shift that the system resignifique educational commitment from all stakeholders.
- That all students learn the values of coexistence and citizen participation to achieve an integrated and peaceful world.
- Articulate technology with sports and art to achieve a real and inclusive education.